Volume 1, Issue 6; December 2000
Editor: Jonathan M Goodman
- The Pharma-Transfer Internet database brings together previously
unpublished pharmaceutical research information from all over the world.
Its scope ranges from very early stage,
pre-patented discovery ideas right through to proof of concept at Phase IIa, allowing the
system to encompass ideas and information from academia, private laboratories and
biotechnology groups, as well as from the big pharma companies themselves.
The information is provided in concise abstracts, summarising drug development
programmes and innovations within developing technologies from commercial and academic
research groups worldwide.
Guests to the site can gain limited access, in order to assess the quality and
usefulness of the database. Guests are allowed unlimited access to all areas of the
including full use of its comprehensive search capabilities. However,guests will only
have access to a very limited number of abstracts
By December 2001 it is anticipated that there will be in excess of 32,000 abstracts on the database.
- Analytical informatics news
- Bio-Rad / Sadtler's newsletter for chemists and spectroscopists.
- Journal of the Chemical Computing Group
- Chemical Computing Group Inc produce
programs, including MOE, the Molecular Operating Environment.
- The Open Science Project
- The OpenScience project is dedicated to writing and releasing free and
Open Source scientific software. Projects include Jmol
a molecular viewer and editor.
- The Open Lab
- The Open Lab and Bioinformatics.org are non-profit
organization committed to opening access to bioinformatics research projects,
providing Open Source software for bioinformatics by hosting its development,
and keeping biological information freely available. They are hosted at the
Centre for Intelligent
Biomaterials at the University of
- An index to lists of journal abbreviations
- MestRe-C is
a PC program for analysing NMR spectra. A similar program for the Apple Mac,
Swan is also
- Molecular Networks
- Molecular Networks provides software for chemical and biochemical sciences.
Areas of interest include: rational drug design, combinatorial chemistry,
organic reactions and synthesis, process development, structure elucidation
and data analysis. Products include the 3D structure generator CORINA,
and PETRA (Parameter Estimation for the Treatment of Reactivity Applications)
which calculates physicochemical effects in molecules.
- Search Engine Watch
- How can search engines be used most effectively? This site presents some answers.
- Information retrieval in chemistry
- A ChemInformatics site, based in the
Institute of Physical Chemistry
NCSR 'Demokritos', Athens.
© 2000 J M Goodman, Cambridge